Friday, March 9, 2012

Caleb and the Elevator

We had an interesting afternoon last Thursday when picking up Caleb from school. He always likes to ride the elevator up since I park in the top parking lot, I think he just loves to push buttons! So, just like every other time, I helped him push the door for it to open, turned around to get Kailyn's stroller to push in as it was opening. Look up and Caleb's tiny little hand was jammed in between the door and the wall...it's hard to explain. But basically he had his hand on the door when it was opening and it sucked it in!! And I could not get it out. So I screamed for help. Let me tell you, I have never been so terrified in my entire life. All I could think was omg, his hand is crushed or broken, MY baby boy. So what seemed like minutes was only a few seconds and we had tons of help. Someone called 911 and one of the Dad's was able to pull back on the door and his hand slid out. It was swollen, I was still sooo scared. Then the ambulance got there and they said that since he was moving it and could squeeze and all of that he was probably ok. So that afternoon I got him into the pediatricians office and they also said that it looked just fine. No need for an x ray even. By about an hour after it happened, he was the same old Caleb, playing just fine. It might have been barely swollen, but not even a bruise the next day! Do you know how lucky we are?! God was definitely watching over him last Thursday. What a praise. And of course, I feel horrible, like the worst Mom on the earth. And I am embrarrased because there was a huge crowd of other Mom's watching as I cried and Caleb screamed. At least I gave them something to talk about, I guess! But I felt so guilty yesterday. I cried the whole way home in between trying to call Jeremy who was in a meeting.I am just so so glad my baby boy is ok!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment