Wednesday, May 7, 2014

10 Year High School Reunion

May 3, 2014
It's official- I am old. 10 years since high school? WOW! It really does seem like yesterday since we were all in high school. Some of my best memories came from those times. Jeremy and I started dating, color guard, driving/first car, wrecking first car, fun with friends, and so much more. Kacie told me the other day that her best memory of high school was when I wrecked my car because she started coming to pick me up in the mornings and take me to school because the school bus...well do I have to say more?! We really grew closer in those few months before my Dad finally got me another car. If it weren't for that wreck, we might not be besties today. Crazy, huh? At the time it felt like the end of the world to me. I think Friday night football games were also one of my best memories. I loved wearing my uniform and performing at half time and acting silly in the stands with friends during the game. And all of this was 10 years ago...it blows my mind. That means that Jeremy and I have been together for almost 13 years. Now that is crazy!!
Ok, so back to the reunion. It was held at the Guntersville State Park in one of the ballrooms. Kacie and I decided that we would share a room so we could visit and hang out. It was SO fun to hang out with the Kirkland's...seems like we don't do that enough without the kids. We checked in, hung out on our porch with an awesome view of the lake, then got ready for the reunion. Kacie and I wore matching shoes!! We took some before shots:
Then it was time to go over to the reunion. It was so nice to see everyone. And really, everyone looks the same! It was almost like walking through a time machine. Unfortunately, some of my shy feelings from high school came rushing back and I am so mad about that. I wish I had of talked to more people than I did. It was really nice to catch up with old friends and have a night out.
Meanwhile, the kids were in Guntersville too. They stayed with Gran Gran and had lots of fun playing there. Of course, they were spoiled rotten and we had to detox once we got home Sunday afternoon! :)
I also should add that Saturday morning before we headed to the State Park, Daddy took Caleb fishing with Grandaddy, Addison, and Uncle Josh. They caught SIXTY ONE fish. Not kidding. Caleb had so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment