Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Look and See...My Baby is THREE!!!

I truly can't believe that I have a three year old! It sounds so old, I still think of him as my baby boy...I guess I always will. Caleb has grown and changed so much in the past three years and he has added more joy into our lives than I could ever imagine. Yes, some days might be challenging with meltdowns or messes, etc., but you know what? I don't think I would trade it for the world. One of these days, I will miss hearing, "Mommy? Mommy! Watch this, you're not watching me!!"
Caleb is such a sweet kid, he is constantly giving us hugs and kisses and especially loves to give them to Kailyn. I have not even had to enforce that he says "Thank You" after being given something. We are working on saying, "No Thank You" instead of "NO" or "nope" though! One of the funniest things he does right now is he thinks that today means right now, so he will ask for something and if you say yes, but later- he will say, "No, today!" Ha!! He is also funny when he talks about something from the past and he will say, "Yesterday we..." Too cute. He really is all about talking right now, it is funny that for so many months we worked so dilligently with him to get him to talk and now there is no stopping it. At bedtime we read a book, say our prayers, sing a song, and then he will say, "Stay and talk for a little while." It has become one of my favorite parts of the day- such a sweet special time with my boy. He is also getting so confident in his body and is climbing, running, jumping...pretty much 100% a little boy! He really loves music, reading, and arts and crafts. His favorite show to watch on TV is The Fresh Beat Band and we have to watch them every. single. day. Hopefully he switches to a new favorite soon! Some of his favorite toys are his golf clubs, Woody from Toy Story, fire truck, trains, and his grill with pretend food. He is also a realllly big helper and if Mommy would let him, he would help me with every single task around the house. He still sleeps with his blanket- boy does he love his blanket! Maybe by the time he is four, blanket will dissapear?! Caleb also just truly adores all of his friends and family, he is such a loving kid. He gets so excited to see any of his grandparents. He also loves Tuesday nights when we have small group and we get together with our friends. He is in the big 3 year old room now at Mother's Day Out and should move up to the 3 year old room at Sunday School too!! I can't believe he will not be in the Nursery anymore. These past 3 years have gone by so so quickly and everyday I try to cherish the moments with him because I know that too soon he will be a teenager and want nothing to do with me.
Happy Birthday, Caleb! Thank you for being such a wonderful son. I don't want you to grow up, but I know you will. But I do look forward to seeing the person you turn into. I hope you love God with all of your heart and know how much he loves you too. I hope that you are always kind to your friends. I hope that one day you fall head over heels in love with a girl and live happily ever after. I hope that you get to experience becoming a parent and know the love that I have for you- it is life changing!!
Our first family photo
Newborn- 2 weeks old
6 Months Old
First Birthday
Year and a Half
Two Years Old
Two Years and a Half- Caleb is a big brother!
Third Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment