Sunday, April 28, 2013

Random Ramblings from The Gilmore's

So when did Caleb turn out to be such a horrible sleeper? As I am typing this, we put Caleb to bed 30 minutes ago and he has already come out of his room 2 times! I would say most nights he comes out at least once within the first 10 minutes of putting him down. He wants absolutely nothing...just to make me walk up the stairs again! For a while, he was getting up in the middle of the night a lot, but recently he has gotten better. Although, last night we had some pretty big storms come through about 2:30am and he ended up waking up on the 2nd thunder, which landed him on our bed (for the first time ever) for the rest of the night. Hopefully he doesn't expect that everytime...
I am so mesmerized and more in love with Kailyn everyday. But when I stop to watch her, I get all sentimental because I feel like she did not stay a baby long enough. Seriously, once she started sitting up on her own, she was not an "infant" anymore. And since then, she has followed in her big brother's footsteps without looking back a bit. They are playing together so well now, it is adorable! Kailyn is doing more and more everyday...she can now open all the doors in the house by herself if they are unlocked. She goes upstairs all by herself, and is so so smart! She knows when we are getting ready to go and will wait by the garage door to leave. She loves to have shoes on and will say, "Shos, shooos." and sit in the floor for you to put them on. And since spring has arrived, she gets mad if the back door is locked and she can't go outside, it is kind of adorable. And those big blue eyes and that smile that will melt your heart in .2 seconds...
I am finally getting back on the coupon train!!! I completely fell off after having Kailyn last year, just having a baby and adjusting to life with 2 kids and all. I had dabbled in it here and there some but never did great. Well I stuck to it and got back on a roll. I have had an amazing week! Just today I spent $43 at Publix and saved $53. And yesterday at Target I got FOUR Digorno pizzas and a box of Nestle ice cream cones for $10 with sales and coupons...such a great deal. And you know what? I have been pinching those pennies when eating out this week too. Last night we had a buy one get one free entree at TGIFridays and our bill was only like $15! And tonight we were running errands late so we ran through BK for only $8 for all four of us with coupons- Love! It does take some effort, but it is SO worth it.
Spring cleaning has arrived at the Gilmore's! I have been getting a little ocd about cleaning in the past week or two. Orgainizing cabinets and closets, throwing junk away, cleaning baseboards and blinds. I still have a TON that needs to be done...like organize the garage and sell the stuff we got back from consignment. I have seriously learned that the only way to keep up with laundry around here is to do (at least) one load of laundry per day no matter what. And if there is ever a day where there is not a "normal" load to go in, I was bathroom rugs, decorative towels hanging up, etc. And this past week I started doing something that I really hope I can keep doing. Every afternoon after the kids go down for nap, I spend a little time wiping down the kitchen, picking up toys and random clutter, etc. I attempt to make it seem like someone is coming over. And then do the same type things after the kids go to bed at night. There is nothing like waking up to a clean house and coming downstairs in the mornings to a clean kitchen. Don't get me wrong, I have always kept it pretty clean, but just letting the random clutter accumulate here and there on a counter or desk...I am trying hard to get really organized and keep it that way. It just makes me feel better.
Caleb is still loving school and I am a little sad that he only has a few short weeks left before he is out for the summer. I am a little overwhelmed thinking about not having any "breaks" in the summer weeks, but somehow we always seem to stay pretty busy anyways. I am just sad that he will miss his friends and just getting out of the house twice a week. It just offers him a good break from me and vice versa. He has learned SO much this year and is really growing up way too fast. He can count, ABC's, cut with sicsors, color, stamp, write his name, and sometimes remembers his Spanish words...and much more, I'm sure. But I am definitely looking forward to more playdates with friends this summer and just getting a lot of fun, quality time with the kids. Caleb will be in Kindergarden before we know it, and I know I will miss these days with him so much. I love that he comes in my room every morning and wakes me up with snuggles. He has A LOT of energy and is 100% boy, but he has a heart of gold. Ha! Just recently he started saying, "Mommy I love you...Can I..." Hmm, already starting to play mind games!
It has been a few days since I have tortured the kiddos with a photo shoot!! So no cute pictures in a post, seriously? Wow...sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment