Wednesday, December 11, 2013

*Thanksgiving 2013*

November 27-30, 2013 in Guntersville
We had a busy but fun Thanksgiving week! On Wednesday afternoon we headed to Guntersville excited to spend a few nights with Grandmama and Grandaddy! It was close to bath time when we arrived so we let the kids play and visit a bit then we had to start our bedtime routines.
Thursday was Thanksgiving. Grandmama and Grandaddy made us a yummy breakfast casserole that morning and it was very yummy...Daddy had requested extra bacon and they delivered! Once we had all gotten ready for the day, we headed to Great Grandmother's house for Thanksgiving lunch. The kids all went into the sunroom to play school and apparently, no grown ups were allowed in there! But you know my Kailyn- she stayed glued to Mommy! I think a lot of it had to do with a few family members she isn't familiar with that we only see a few times per year, because I know she loves playing with Addison, Ella, and Drew. We enjoyed a huge and yummy lunch complete with lots of desserts. Once the kids started melting down (mainly Kailyn), we headed back to Grandmama and Gradaddy's for naps. The "big" kids actually got to stay up and play because Ella came over too- what a special treat!! Then all of the girls packed up and headed to Huntsville to gear up for some Black Friday shopping.
Thursday night and Friday shopping were so much fun. I know there are a lot of mixed opinions about Black Friday and I am not going to get into that. I got a lot of great deals on items that I might not have gotten otherwise and knocked out a huge percentage of my Christmas shopping. I actually came home and slept for a few hours but Grandmama and Gran Gran pushed through all night- crazy, huh?!
On Saturday, the guys golfed that morning in the freezing cold (now that really IS crazy!). It was also Aunt Jessica's Birthday so once her and Addison arrived at the house, we headed downtown for lunch and a little shopping before naptime. We wanted to push naps a little late so we could watch at least the first half of the Iron Bowl in peace!! We should have just played with the kids and not watched the game...Alabama just couldn't pull through with lots of mistakes that usually don't happen with them. So now Auburn is heading to the National Championship and I am actually routing for them to win and keep it in the state. I felt bad that we waited until after the Iron Bowl to sing to Jessica and celebrate with her Birthday cake and presents...we all weren't to excited after such a big loss. And can you believe I don't have any pictures of the kids dressed up in their Bama gear? Like I said, totally distracted by the awful game. Oh well! Still love my team- ROLL TIDE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment