Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Kailyn's 2nd Birthday Party

February 8, 2014
For Kailyn's 2nd Birthday party, we decided to go ahead and have another party at home for her. As much as I dislike throwing parties at home, it really wasn't worth it to pay to rent a space somewhere- next year she will get a big party! I tried to keep it simple this year, laid back, and just enjoy visiting with everyone. Since it has been SO cold this winter, I decided to go with a snowflake/winter wonderland theme and of course, lots of pink. I bought a Cricut cutter machine with some of my Christmas money so that definitely came in handy to cut the snowflakes and letters for her Bday banner. Kailyn actually had a super fancy, 2 tier cake...I always do those like and comment things on facebook and never win. Well I won a FREE cake, just in time for K's Bday! How exciting :) Although it didn't quite match the theme, I loved her sweet smocked dress that I have been holding onto for about 6 or so months. She even let me sneak a bow in her hair for a few pictures!
Once everyone arrived to the house, we made placemats for a fun craft. The kids enjoyed decorating their papers then I laminated them. We served a light lunch then Kailyn wanted to dig into her presents. We ended her party with cake and I totally forgot to serve the ice cream. Yep, sure did! We truly appreciate everyone coming and taking time out of their Saturdays to celebrate our sweet girl. Happy 2nd Birthday, Kailyn!

No comments:

Post a Comment