Thursday, February 7, 2013

Happy Birthday, Grandmama!

January 19, 2013
We headed to Guntersville a few weekends ago to celebrate Grandmama's Birthday (and so Daddy could play a little golf...). We all went in together and got her the ultimate surprise- a Pandora charm bracelet. She had hinted to me after Christmas that she had always wanted one when I showed her my new one. A light bulb went off and I knew just what to do for her Birthday...don't you love it when that happens? On Saturday, the girls got to go out shopping and ate Japanese for lunch- we had a really fun morning being "free" from the kids. Aunt Jessica and I joked that it needed to be Grandmama's Birthday more often so that we could convince the guys to not play golf and keep the kiddos!! We were having so much fun shopping but had to cut our outing a little short to go back to the house and start preparing for Grandmama's Birthday dinner. I was in charge of the menu and we had fun with it- appetizers! Aunt Jessica made a yummy spinach dip to go with it and Grandad made the grand finale Bday cake. Pepaw, Aunt Donna, and Great Grandmother all came over to eat and visit. After everyone left, the kids got extremely wound up and put on a music show for us. I wish that I could figure out how to download movie clips onto the blog because they are priceless. Until then, enjoy a few pictures! Oh and the guys could not go a weekend without playing golf...they played the entire day on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment