Saturday, February 9, 2013

Kailyn's 1st Birthday party!!

February 2, 2013
When planning Kailyn's 1st Birthday party, I knew I wanted to keep it simple and do something small at home, just like we did for Caleb. I was so excited to be able to finally throw a girly party, so I still had to come up with something fun and frilly. I came up with the idea of pretty and pink, so that's just what I did! My friend, Kacie, had lent me a few of her daughter's party items (which I was SO thankful for) so I took those and went from there. I think it turned out pretty cute. We served lunch of sandwiches, wraps, pasta salad, spinach dip, potato wedges, and pizza bites. Then we had a cute dessert table set up in the living room. We kept it low key by inviting only family and close friends...if you know our house, the downstairs is small so not the best entertainment space!
It was a great party! Everyone seemed to have a great time, especially the kids. Let's justs say they really enjoyed playing with our toys, ha!! Caleb was probably the leader in this mess if I had my guess. But they had FUN and I am so glad...not to mention they stayed upstairs for a majority of the time which was nice. Kailyn was either tired or her ears or teeth started to bother her. She didn't really get into opening presents that much so I had to end up opening them up for her. She sure has enjoyed playing with all of her new items since then though. Then when it was time for cake, she kind of lost it. Maybe it was just the tutu that freaked her out a little bit, who knows. But we had to force her to put her hand in the cake. We did end up with a few good pictures...

4 comments: