Tuesday, October 8, 2013

4 Years

4 years. That is how long I have been a Mommy. 4 years of loving a little boy, unconditionally with all of my heart! Wow. 4 years of hugs, smiles, booboos, tears, choo choo trains, and Disney channel. 4 years of being responsible for another person, for teaching him about life and showing him the world around us as I know it. 4 years sounds like such a long time, but it seems like just yesterday when I held a little 5lb 13oz little baby boy for the first time, kissed him, and said, "I am your Mommy and I love you so much!"
Caleb, you are an amazing little boy. You fill our hearts with so so so much joy each and every day. You also exhaust us daily with your energy- you have SO much! You are really into having conversations now, asking tons of questions, and just wanting to know everything about everything. You are so smart and have such a great memory. One of your favorite things to do is to play board games and you are even ok with loosing every once in a while. You are still a great sleeper, but rise with the sun. I wish you liked sleeping in more, like your Mommy does, but it's ok. You are just so excited to get up and start your day. You are definitely a morning person- also not like your Mommy! And oh my, how you love your little sister! You love to kiss her, hug her, and play with her. My wish for you two is that you will always be best friends. You also don't mind loving on Mommy and Daddy still, which I am eating up because I know one day soon that won't be "cool" to hug your Mom, especially in public. Loud noises used to really upset you but you are getting so much better. One new thing that you like doing is to take all of the train track pieces off the train table and arrange them in different ways across your bedroom floor- you are so creative with them! Reading books has always been a favorite and I don't see that going away soon and I am so glad. We have decided that you are more than likely going to be left handed. Your teachers at school said that you sometimes switch out your hands like you are still trying to decide but your letter formation is great with your handwriting skills. Speaking of school, just the other day you were playing in your room and I overheard you saying something so I stopped to listen...you were saying the Pledge of Allegiance. I asked you to do it again and you did it perfectly! You are learning so much and I am so thankful for your school and teachers. You are great at counting, letters, and cutting with your scissors. I am also starting to see a love and trust for Jesus in you and it just makes my heart so happy. We were talking the other day about speeding in the car and that if you go too fast, a police will pull you over and you said, "It also would not make God happy, it would make Jesus so sad if you are bad." I am SO proud of the little boy you are becoming, Caleb. In ways I just want to freeze you and keep you just as you are at this very moment...but I know that God has great things in store for you and I am so excited to see the person you will become. Love you always and forever- Mommy
Check out how much my little boy has grown!!
Just a few weeks old!
6 Months old
1st Birthday
2nd Birthday
3rd Birthday
September 2012
October 2012
November 2012
December 2012
January 2013
February 2013
March 2013
April 2013
May 2013
June 2013
July 2013
4th Birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment