Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Choo Choo...All Aboard!

October 12, 2013
A few weeks ago, we met up with Grandmama, Grandaddy, Gran Gran, Uncle Josh, Aunt Jessica, and Addison for our very first train ride! Caleb loves trains, so of course he was sooo excited. We rode the train to a "pumpkin patch" where the kids all got to choose a pumpkin. It turned out to be an empty lot on the side of the road where they dumped some pumpkins the kids just got to go pick one out and put it in a bag. Oh, and did I mention that our train car blew a fuse and had no air conditioning?! Thankfully there was an open air car to take the kids on and they really enjoyed that. So overall? It was just okay. It was a good memory for the kids, they really had a great time...but the adults all thought it was super lame! Ha! Oh well.
And just for the record book- I get Mommy of the year award. That Friday night I woke up with horrible stomach pains that got worse if I stood straight up. I spent most of Saturday in bed, struggled to get up and get ready for the train excursion, but did! I was in SO much pain the entire time. I just couldn't miss out on the kids' first train ride! We had invited everyone over to our house afterward to eat dinner and watch the Alabama game. I tried so hard to sit downstairs and visit with everyone for a bit but ended up going upstairs and laying in the bed because that helped ease the pain. What was wrong? GAS. Yes, I'm serious. Sunday morning I ran out of things to take and decided to take a GasX and waala- no more pain. Whew...I wouldn't wish that on my worse enemy.

No comments:

Post a Comment