Sunday, January 5, 2014

Hanging with the Kirkland's

December 23, 2013
One of my favorite Christmas traditions we have is getting together with the Kirkland's for dinner, playtime, and a gift exchange. Kacie and I have been BFF's since High School and friends since Jr. High! I love that we have stayed in touch through the years, even when we were miles and miles apart. She has been in the delivery room with me for the births of both of our kids so she will always hold an extra special place in my heart. And I have also grown to love her family so so much, they are a wonderful Christian family that love each other and the Lord with all their hearts! Anyways...just getting a little sappy, maybe because since we became Mommies, we don't get to see each other as much as we would want :( Buuuut one day we will be old, grey headed, sitting on each other's front porches drinking lemonade, and chatting about what our kids are up to! O.K! Back to Christmas- Kacie was sweet enough to host this year and her awesome hubby picked up pizza on his way home from work for all of us. We all opted for an easy dinner this year so there would me more time for play and catching up, it was great. And may I add that they gave us the most gorgeous monogram to hang on the front door. I looove it! When we got back home after Christmas, I couldn't wait to pack up the Christmas décor so I could hang it up outside! Thanks for another awesome Christmas get together, Kirkland's. Oh yes, and of course, we waited until time to leave when Kailyn was getting tired to get a group shot of the kiddos. And you guessed it- Kailyn is melting down. *Sigh* Maybe one day!

No comments:

Post a Comment